Home‎ > ‎BGR1 Announcements‎ > ‎

----- Announcement -----

posted Jan 10, 2018, 3:10 PM by George Beshears

Bowling Green R-1 Families,

As we continue to monitor the developing weather conditions and consider what is reasonable and safe for the students and families of the Bowling Green R-1 School District, we are evaluating the forecast for tomorrow afternoon.  As temperatures have the potential of dropping in the late afternoon after an afternoon of rain showers, roads could be slick into the evening tomorrow night. 

School personnel will monitor the weather at all times during the day tomorrow, and if we decide to dismiss (something like 2 hours early), we will notify parents through the school messenger application.  In this case, after-school activities would be canceled, and buses would deliver students home early. 

I am sending this message as a precaution, just in case the weather predictions are correct.  In the case that they are not, and the colder/freezing temperatures do not arrive, school will carry on as normal.


Matthew L. Frederickson, PhD


Bowling Green R-1 School District

700 West Adams Street

Bowling Green, MO 63334

Phone: 573-324-5441

Fax: 573-324-2439 

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/BGSUPT or @BGSUPT

For our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bowlingreenbobcats/